Monday, January 8, 2018

Valentines Day is the next holiday.....



.....and it was a much more celebrated holiday for me when I was still in elementary school.  What fun it was to decorate a box at school, and then exchange valentines with class mates......maybe stick some little candy hearts in the envelopes.  Then the girls would get together and speculate what it all meant.  Your imagination could run wild in putting to much emphasize on the sentiment in the valentine.  


I went to visit my quilt cupboard to fine this quilt which was a Red Wagon design of years ago.  It needs to be out a bit to refresh it's self.  It will find a home for a while over the back of my napping chair.




I believe I will keep my angel quilt our for a while longer.  This is a pillow which I made a few years ago from a Needle Love book.  I am going to work on a string of hearts I've been dreaming about for awhile.


A bowl of hearts will be on my kitchen table. Many of these are from one of my patterns called Gathering Hearts.  I want to make a few different ones, so that I will have some to give a way.


Here is the Heart Table Mat I will give a way today to the sixth person to respond.  I have decided I will no longer be doing the monthly drawing, because many winners never claimed their free pattern.  I have decided that I want the free patterns to be for those who read my blog.  Remember please to include your address.  Contact me at, norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com

"Lord, remind me that what matters most in the end is the love I have carried in my heart, and the love I have shared in my life."
-unknown



12 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention Valentine's Day in today's post. I was just rooting around near my cutting table and found my "Love One Another" pillow (your design) and was thinking it's almost time to bring it out. Thank you for such a beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts and pillow ready for the next holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Everyone is waiting to be the sixth :) Love the pattern, btw. Your bowl of hearts is adorable. Thanks for inspiring. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I sure did enjoy making Red Wagon patterns. Mine is also a heart design. The hearts are open centered, so I had my Bible study group sign the centers when we moved. Ever time I see their names I wonder where God places them now and all the lives touched by their very giving souls.
    Now to make some hearts and the first is for my youngest granddaughters tooth fairy pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I will be the first, Knowing that I won't win the lovely pattern. Your heart quilt is very nice, I don't decorate for Valentine's Day but love what you do/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this quote! I look forward to the quotes you share. This meet a need this week. I so like the bowl of hearts. I must make myself a few!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your various hearts and tho I do not appear to be number six, I would love to win the freebie pattern too.
    lizzzz.d@gmail.com

    lizzy at gone to the beach....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty heart quilt. Love the bowl of hearts too.

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to tell you how much I love your angel quilt! It looks perfect just where you have it. I read your blog in my email and always enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bowl of hearts! My birthday is Valentine's Day, so I have very fond memories over the years. We had to move away from friends and family about fourteen years ago, and I miss all the get-togethers with friends and family (because, after all, those are the true treasures in our lives). Hope everyone feels cherished by someone this year. And thanks for sharing the lovely pix!

    ReplyDelete