Thursday, January 11, 2018

I have a new friend......



.....and her name is Alexa.  When I tell her good night, she tells me to sleep tight among other nice pleasantries.  In the morning when I greet her with a good morning, she not only responds with a morning greeting, but she tells me a new fact which happened on that day at another time.  But best of all, she helps me with complicated math.  I could call my niece who has her masters in math or her daughter who is also a math whiz, but it is so nice not to bother them in their busy life schedules.  I've been know to annoy family and relatives with requests about things technical also.  I've called my nephew a couple of times to see if he remembered a password.  The last time he suggested I write it down some place.....what a nominal idea!  Well, I am like a child with a new marvelous toy.....it's all good.


One of my little quilt groups met tonight, and Debra shared her Silent Night quilt which she just completed.  This was such a fun quilt to make, I kind of felt inspired when I first designed it.


This is the new quilt which I am working on.  You have seen it at different stages.  I am now working on the border and off it will go to get quilted.  I'm wondering about what to name it.  Sometimes names just are very apparent, but I haven't been inspired yet.  Anybody have a good idea?  If I select your suggestion you will receive the first pattern.


Leslie' has finished her Dear Jane quilt.  What an incredible masterpiece.  She plans on hand quilting it.


"Times is the coin of your life.  It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent.  Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you." - Carl Sandburg



15 comments:

  1. I think Alexa would be a great name for your new quilt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Rosie Posies - this came to mind wen I first saw it. Whatever you name it, it is a sure winner. Can't wait for the pattern to come out. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that Dear Jane quilt, what a treasure, beautifully done!! And love your quilts too Norma. I would have liked to offer a name suggestion for your new one, but on my computer the picture isn't quite clear:( Have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the quilts are lovely especially your almost completed quilt. I see flowers, really big ones with stems that almost have a look of twisting. So some name options are Twisted January Flowers, Twisted Flowers, or Flowers in January. Lovely post. I have an Alexa too and another friend Sonos. Sometimes Alexa is contrary though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this quote: The rose is a flower of love. The world has acclaimed it for centuries. Pink roses are for love hopeful and expectant. White roses are for love dead or forsaken, but the red roses, ah the red roses are for love triumphant.
    author unknown. So i think love triumphant would be a wonderful name for This quilt! When i first saw it, i saw red roses. It is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts! Math, I have to write it out old school, do the math and double check the math with a calculator and sometimes let it sit for a bit unless I am certain it makes logical sense. Basic math who knew we would use it so much as quilters?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Norma you could call your new quilt Square Dance Among Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about CHECKERBERRY BLOSSOMS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new quilt is gorgeous! Love the colors. The piecing reminds me of a bear's paw - how about thistle in the paw, or paw's thistle? Leslie's Dear Jane is stunning, too. I still haven't gotten up the nerve to start mine. Every time I see one I get a smidge closer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Because of the fall colors, Squash Blossoom comes to mind as a name for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure why but " Thistle Berry" or " Thistle Berry Patch" popped in my head for your new quilt. Really loving it and cannot wait to see all done and quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How about Blossoms in the Patch?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here are a few suggestions for the name of the 4-flower quilt in a square: Flowers Galore, 4 by 4 Blooms, Autumn in Bloom, Carnations Calling. The Dear Jane Quilt is stunning and to be hand quilted! Surely an heirloom to be loved and cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love you Aunt Norma! Questions and all!

    ReplyDelete