Thursday, December 7, 2017

Crafted byHand.....



During my travels last summer, I took two photos of some exceptional hand work were which were framed.


The first was this croqueted piece.....I thought it a charming piece of art.


I am thrilled someone valued these doilies enough to preserve them behind glass.  The workmanship was incredibly intricate and beautiful.  You never know what you might find in an antique store.


 First of all, I love Log Cabin quilts......always have and always will......especially old ones.  This is a piece of artwork I'd love to have hanging in my home.


Now, we move to the International Quilt Study Museum in Lincoln, Nebraska.


One of the exhibit rooms was dedicated to this amazing display as follows.








Notice those itsy bitsy little flying geese.
















Women the world over express their desire to create and work with needle and thread in different ways.




I will have more to share from this exhibit tomorrow.

"There is no end of craving.  Hence contentment alone is the best way to happiness.  Therefore, acquire contentment."



1 comment:

  1. The exhibition looks amazing. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos. If you are posting to Australia, I'd love your pattern.

    ReplyDelete