Monday, November 13, 2017

Stitching time awaits.....




Today as you are reading this I am in a little mountain town called Midway, with a bunch of stitching friends.  The little retreat is called, Needles and Knots.  No sewing machines, just hand work, friendship, shared ideas, deepened friendships and renewed inspiration, and for me time for a nap if I want and perhaps time to read.  I will be home on Thursday eve., and will do a blog for Friday.  I've realized that I forgot my second Wednesday drawing.....just too occupied with life I guess. I will announce winner on Friday.

We had a marvelous visit with Ben, but much too short.  We will visit Ohio after the new year.  We all feel a bit lonesome and a bit sorry for our selves......he was missing his dear little son and happily looking forward to be reunited with him.


I will share some extraordinary quilts from The Rocky Mountain Museum in Golden, Colorado.


The quilt above was made to replicate this very old quilt, where the colors are no doubt a bit faded by time and the elements.  I find it to be more lovely than the new version......not meaning to take anything away from the beauty of the new one.




Notice the incredible quilting.







As you can see this quilt shows quite a bit of ware in the center panel.




A gorgeous replica of the original.











Stunning!




These antique quilts are the ones which thrill me the most!  I will have more to share at a later date.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

"If you knew how hard it's been and how much time its taken to rebuild my little universe of peace and happiness, you would understand why I'm so stingy about who I let in."  -unknown
I'll be back later in the week.




3 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled that you are sharing pictures and stories from the Quilt Museum in Golden, CO. Like I have mentioned in a previous post, I had the great pleasure of seeing this display on a trip in October and was delightfully surprised with this little museum. Loved the story of the island ladies and my favorite quilts of all time are civil war so I was in heaven. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts and so very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pomegranate quilt....and the wedding whig rose too... I aspire to stitch a red/green antique inspired quilt one of these days! :-)
    Thank you for the quote...I feel as if someone finally understands! :-)

    ReplyDelete