Wednesday, June 10, 2015

More beautiful quilts......

 
 
....coming your way.
 

This post concludes the show and tell of Sandy's quilts.  Her quilts have shown great diversity, a wonderful sense of color and great workmanship.
 


 
Absolutely lovely!


 
Wool applique on cotton.


I have always liked this pattern.  I once upon a time had plans to make it, but I never got beyond the planning stage.
 




A very lovely thirties reproduction quilt.
 



Folk art pineapples by Linda Brannock.  She was an exceptional designer, and was one of the first designers in folk art designs that caused me great excitement.  I knew I just had to make some of her designs, and I have......they are some of my favorite.


 
Another of my favorites.

 
Sandy made my At Home in the Garden pattern, except she substituted her own design for the last block.





 

 

 
So much folk art goodness!  Thank you to Sandy for inspiring us to get busy with needle and thread!
 
For the second Wednesday drawing of June.  There were many who entered, and 3 names have been chosen.  Contact me with your name and address and your choice of pattern.  The Sweet and Simple book is excluded.
 
Janelle Parker
Joan Moore
Michelle Pratt
 
"Every single day do something that makes your heart sing."
Marcia Wieder


4 comments:

  1. WOW! What a show! Well done Sandy! I enjoyed each and every one of your creations!! Now..I am going back for a revisit or two!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still scrolling up and down looking at Sandy's beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing all this loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All of these quilts are absolutely gorgeous! I have a 30's repro quilt on my "bucket-list"... and this design features them beautifully! Love Linda Brannock designs too... she is a favorite! :-)

    ReplyDelete