Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Refreshing Rain....

 
 
 
 
........we have been blessed with some rain once again.  It is always welcome in this part of the country.  I feel so badly about the draught in some parts of the country.  We have a visitor next door at our neighbors, and she told me about how they are coping with the water shortage in California......they keep a bucket in the shower to collect excess wasted water which is used for watering plants and for various other purposes.  That is called making do!
 
 
Today is drawing day and the winners are: Angela Armstrong, Linda Donzello, and Carol Gouveia.  Please send me your address and your pattern choice and the patterns will be on their way.
 

 
This quilt took 2 holders standing on the fireplace hearth.....and then it was held sideways.  Jan Patek designed this one for girl gang a few years ago.  I believe it to be one of her better achievements.  She certainly is a talented folk art designer.
 


 
As you can see, this quilt needed to be refolded.  The crease down the center is quite pronounced.  If you remember what I mentioned yesterday with not working from just one line of fabric, and mixing some plaids and stripes into the mix, this is an example of that.
 
 

 
A close up of the corner.....Maybe it is time to put this back on my guest bed.
 
Another week is flying by.....I will be blogging yet tomorrow, and then I'll be gone teaching for a couple of days.  Wish you could all join us in Springville for the classes.  They will be Garden Whimsy on Friday and Silent Night on Saturday.  Then Silent Night will find it's way to the Buggy Barn show.  Wish I could accompany it.  Maybe next year.
 
"Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be".
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. I am so blessed to have won one of your patterns!! Now for the hard decision of which one! Congratulations to the other winners. And to the rest of you, keep reading and entering.

    ReplyDelete